East soccer seniors

Graduation is around the corner get to know Pedro Serna and Erick Sandoval East Varsity soccer seniors.

Dayanna Vinalay, Staffer

It is 7 p.m. you are at an East High home school soccer game. Music is playing loud on the speakers, and it is one of your favorite songs. You are getting hyped with your friends eating chips that you got from the concession stand. A voice comes on the speaker and announces the lineup for tonight’s game. Meet the varsity seniors who go out on the field who play with all their heart.

Pedro Serna has been on the boy’s East soccer team for all four years of high school, he is number 18 on the field. Serna is going to Grand view university where he is going to continue playing soccer. One of his biggest accomplishments is making the varsity team. Serna has made a remarkable impact to those around him. He has been described as fun, hyped and the goat he has made a lot of memories being on the soccer team.
“My favorite memory being on the team I would say is being with the team all around having fun and being with the guys I think that’s the best memory,” Pedro Serna said.
Serna has been playing soccer since he was very young “I started when I was four and I just got into it, I tried out other sports and I really liked soccer,” Serna said. Time is going by so fast and soon Serna will graduate May 28th. He has such great sportsmanship skills and a lot of skills outside and on the field. Serna’s high school journey is coming to an end. He has a few words left to say. “Stay in class don’t give up if you get put into JV don’t give up. Get better as a player and I promise you’ll be up there not just as a player but as a student too” Serna said.

Erick Sandoval has been on the boy’s East soccer team for all four years of high school, he is number 21 on the field. Sandoval is going to Grand view university where he is going to continue playing soccer. Sandoval brings fun and excitement to anyone he encounters. By far his favorite memory is the ADM tournament. Sandoval is outgoing and sure has a lot of confidence he wants to give advice to underclassmen about soccer. “Learn how to take criticism, because there’s times where people are going to say stuff to you and there’s people who take that personal, I know from experience. You just must learn and take it as advice and not in a negative way,” Erick Sandoval said. He has impacted everyone he encounters, soccer has become a huge part of Sandoval’s life since he was a little kid, from backyards to stadiums playing in front of crowds .“My cousin Freddy and I used to play in the backyard at our aunt’s house and he started playing. After a couple of years, I tried it out and from there it was my sport,” Sandoval said. Graduation is coming up and soon Sandoval will be saying goodbye to East High school and his beloved soccer team.

https://youtube.com/shorts/4e3pFIzNCV0?feature=share