East High School walkout- April 20, 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

East High School's President Alejandro Zarate leads the walk-out from East to the Capitol on April 20. Students were walking out in protest of the recent gun violence.

Madi Stout, Staffer

• Junior Nawal Rai writes "Am I Next" on his hands to show concern about the current gun laws.

• Freshman Ryleigh Hayworth, a Scroll Staffer shows support at the rally on April 20.

• Junior Danielle O'Connor shows support by wearing a Ray-Gun shirt supporting the rally.

• Jocelyn Paredes Acevedo, a senior, lays a rose down in memory of a life lost in the recent MSD school shooting.

• Senior Jasmine Salgado marches to the Capitol on April 20.

• Junior Jake Cort marches to the Capitol on April 20.

• Students wait to cross the street to the Iowa State Capitol on April 20.

• A former East Scarlet joins into the rally to support students' First Amendment rights.

• East High School's President Alejandro Zarate leads the walk-out from East to the Capitol on April 20. Students were walking out in protest of the recent gun violence.

• Orange roses represent the lives lost in the MSD school shooting.

• East High graduate Jalesha Johnson shares a poem she wrote to encourage students at the rally on April 20.